Tax Cuts and Jobs Act - International Tax Provisions - 8 CPE Credit Hours
CPE Credit: 8 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: Basic understanding of federal tax code.
Advanced Preparation: None
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will dramatically change the US tax code in 2018. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is organized into four primary sections of: Individual Tax Reform, Business Tax Reform, Exempt Organizations and International Provisions. This course will provide a thorough review of the International Provisions portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Bill (H.R.1.). Part 1 of this course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in the International Provisions section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. It will identify which sections changed and which remained the same. Each provision will reference a more detailed description of the provision in Part 2 of this course. The detailed description will review the current law, provide a detailed description of the change and identify the effective date that the provision will become effective.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Review the International Tax provisions and identify the provisions that have been changed and the provisions that were not changed with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
• Recognize the tax rate changes associated with Subpart F
• Identify the changes to foreign income taxation that were implemented with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• Recognize where to find more information about each provision in part 2 of this course; and
• Identify the effective dates for the International Tax Provisions portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.