Estate Tools and Trusts 2019 - 2 CPE Credit Hours
Everyone needs to do estate planning. It is more than just planning for death. Estate planning is designing a program for effective wealth building, preservation, and disposition of property at the minimum possible tax cost. This exceptional mini-course surveys wills, living trusts, gifts, marital property, and probate avoidance. Designed to eliminate estate problems and death taxes, the emphasis is on practical solutions that are cost effective. The text reviews and explains both federal gift and estate tax systems giving practice pointers and planning observations.
Completion Deadline & Exam: This course, including the examination, must be completed within one year of the date of purchase. In addition, unless otherwise indicated, no correct or incorrect feedback for any exam question will be provided.
Course Level: Overview. This program is appropriate for professionals at all organizational levels.
Field of Study: Taxes
Prerequisite: General understanding of federal income taxation.
Recommended Credits: 2 CPE Hours
Advanced Preparation: None
Learning Assignment & Objectives
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.
At the start of the materials, participants should identify the following topics for study:
* Build, preserve & distribute
* Legal documents
* Estate planning team
* Estate administration
* Estate planning techniques & devices
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the key participants and their roles in a coordinated estate plan and recognize probate process including trust administration;
2. Determine specialized estate planning tools noting the use of trusts and identify how such tools save death taxes and transfer wealth while accentuating asset control;
3. Specify recommended trust provisions and requirements noting how these terms and rules impact estate and trust taxation.
After studying the materials, answer the exam questions 1 to 10.