American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also called the COVID-19 Stimulus Package, is a $1.9 trillion
economic stimulus bill passed by the 117th United States Congress and signed into law by President Joe
Biden on March 11, 2021.
TEXAS COMPLIANCE PENDING:
Texas requires a class be reviewed by enough students to assign earned CPE credits. This course is still new enough that we are obtaining the reviews needed. We recommend Texas CPAs check back soon. This process is usually finished within a few weeks.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, also called the COVID-19 Stimulus Package, is a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus bill passed by the 117th United States Congress and signed into law by President Joe Biden on March 11, 2021.
This act was passed to speed up the United States' recovery from the economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ongoing recession.
This legislation was first proposed on January 14, 2021, the package builds upon many of the measures in the CARES Act from March and in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, from December.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the amount provided via direct deposit for individuals
• Distinguish the FPUC benefit amount
• Identify the age of eligibility for the childless Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
• Identify the increase maximum amount for Child Tax Credit
• Distinguish the maximum amount of employees businesses may employ to remain eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
• Identity the amount of funds allocated for restaurants, bars, and other eligible providers of food and drink
• Identify the amount of funds provided for the Veterans Health Administration (VA) to provide healthcare services and related support to eligible veterans
CPE Credit: 5 CPE for CPAs and EAs
Instructional Method: Self-Study
NASBA Field of Study: Taxes
Program Prerequisites: Basic understanding of federal tax code.
Advanced Preparation: None